Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organising photo and text files in folders

For our business we currently use Windows PC and ipads. I want to change pc to mac but not sure if it will work for us. On Windows PC I have around 300 folders and in each folder I have 10-20 images and a text file which describes the image in detail (more than just a caption). These are all items of stock on our website. Would I be able to do the same on mac? ie could I put a text file into an album folder or could I put a photo in a document folder?

Thanks

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 8:57 AM

The file system on a Mac would let you take the same approach with images and text files. Files and folders behave in the same way. More important will be that you can find applications to match those you use for other tasks.

tt2

5 replies

Jan 2, 2020 9:20 AM in response to gilly1957

I don't currently use Office on my Mac so I can't speak from any authority, however you might want to review this article https://www.howtogeek.com/340435/whats-the-difference-between-microsoft-office-for-windows-and-macos/ just in case it prompts you to consider some aspect of your workflow that might be impacted. Personally I'm a big user of VBA in Excel so I couldn't contemplate moving those projects over.

tt2

Organising photo and text files in folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.