Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wrong contact information

My phone suddenly says that its either my husband or his dad calling me. I haven't changed anything or gotten any new contact info for them. I tried to send a text to my husband and found where his dads email came up under his name but for the life of me I cant figure out where to go to change that. It's not listed like that on my contacts on my phone or on my computer. Help??

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 11:29 AM

You probably have same information in one or more fields of your husband and your dad in each of their contacts. I recommend that you open the CONTACTS app from your iPhone and examine each one of their contact information. Check the phone number and email fields and make sure that none of the information is the same for both. So, each one of the contacts (Husband and Dad) should have a different phone number and different email address. This will help your iPhone sort out the right contact to display when you receive a call from either one of them. Below is how to edit a contact-

Apple® iPhone® - Edit a Contact

1. From a Home screen, tap the Phone app .
  2. Tap Contacts (at the bottom).
  3. Tap a contact.
  4. Tap Edit (upper-right).
  5. Enter or edit any of following info then tap Done (upper-right): First. Last. Company. add phone

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 11:29 AM in response to Shanswld

You probably have same information in one or more fields of your husband and your dad in each of their contacts. I recommend that you open the CONTACTS app from your iPhone and examine each one of their contact information. Check the phone number and email fields and make sure that none of the information is the same for both. So, each one of the contacts (Husband and Dad) should have a different phone number and different email address. This will help your iPhone sort out the right contact to display when you receive a call from either one of them. Below is how to edit a contact-

Apple® iPhone® - Edit a Contact

1. From a Home screen, tap the Phone app .
  2. Tap Contacts (at the bottom).
  3. Tap a contact.
  4. Tap Edit (upper-right).
  5. Enter or edit any of following info then tap Done (upper-right): First. Last. Company. add phone

Axel F.

wrong contact information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.