Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro camera mode issues

Hi!

suddenly my iPhone 11 Pro camera acting weird.

Look at the attached screenshots; this is how the camera starts up, with the 2x as “default”, when I press the 2x it switch mode to 1x, but then nothing happens when I press the 1x again. The main problem is that I can no longer switch between the 3 modes... ultra-wide and telephoto. When I swipe fast between picture and video mode I see the 3 camera modes (,5x 1x and 2) but they disappear after one second, does not show in video mode either. switching between video and photo mode gets back to 2x even if the 1x was selected before.

The 3 camera modes only show in slow-motion, time lapse and panoramic mode.

Apparently it’s not an hardware issue, as the 3 camera modes works well in third party camera apps.

I have tried many solutions; soft reset the phone, restarted many times, quit all apps, reset settings.

my question is; is this a known or common problem? Is there any fix? My wife have an identical phone about same age, there everything working normally.

please help

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 5:04 PM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2020 11:11 AM in response to dsandal

Hello there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dsandal!

From my understanding, you’re unable to utilize all the zoom features that are available on your iPhone, as they don’t appear when switching between modes.  Being able to take great photos with my iPhone 11 is an important feature, so I can understand your concern and would be happy to help.

You mentioned when you tap on the 2x, it’ll switch to 1x, then you’re unable to change it again.  If you hold the 2x or 1x button, does the wheel appear to change modes?  You can read more about that process under “Zoom in or out” at: Take photos with the camera on iPhone - Apple Support

Also, you mentioned that it seems like the settings are preserved when leaving the app and coming back.  If you go to Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings, is anything enabled there?

Depending on your iOS version, which you can view in Settings > General > About, you may need to create a backup and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.  You can read more about which iOS versions contain fixes for the Camera at: About iOS 13 Updates - Apple Support

If you’re still unable to change your zoom feature, I’d recommend that you Contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.  Have a great day!

iPhone 11 Pro camera mode issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.