Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White Bar At Top of iPad When I Use a Screen Captured Picture as Wallpaper

I love to use some of my favorite personal photos that I’ve taken and make then the wallpaper on my iPad.

Sometimes, if it’s a photo I originally took in portrait mode, I might have to open the photo and the screen capture it, in order for the entire photo to be the wallpaper on my photo.

What I have noticed recently is that if I try to use one of those photos on my iPad as the wallpaper (meaning, one that was originally in portrait mode and then I screen captured it to get it all to fit as the wallpaper), it puts a white bar or line at the top of my iPad.

Thanks in advance.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of that white line?

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 10:30 PM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

7 replies

White Bar At Top of iPad When I Use a Screen Captured Picture as Wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.