Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CHARGİNG PROBLEM

My phone is not charging normally for about 2 weeks only if I press hard and it is charging and today it is not anymore... I can't use my phone

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 12:09 AM

7 replies

Jan 3, 2020 3:06 AM in response to cemayan

Hello Cemayan,

If you've done the following suggestions below. My next advise would be to contact Apple Support and have them run a hardware diagnostic & battery diagnostic test on the device. Just so we can shed more light on the issue. You may or may not need to have the iPhone serviced. It really depends on the results of the troubleshooting and of course the results of the diagnostic tests.

Please look over the steps below. Document your results of each step and as needed contact Apple Support to run a hardware & battery diagnostic.

• Update iPhone: Latest version is iOS 13.3. If you're already running this version skip to next step. Otherwise update and see if issue persists when charging device. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204

• Clean iPhone: Clean the bottom of the iPhone where the cable connects. Sometimes dust or debris can cause connectivity issues between your iPhone and cable. You can use a tooth brush or even canned air to clean the bottom of the iPhone. Once this is done, go ahead and see if you still have the issue.

• USB Cable: Try another cable. Sometimes a 3rd party cable or even the Apple cable might be damaged and cause charging issues, so its important to try another cable. If you isolate the issue to the Apple Cable, Apple Support can assist with getting it replaced. If you're using a 3rd party cable and isolate the issue to that cable, you will need to contact the manufacture of that cable for a replacement.

If the issue persists. Reach out to Apple Support to have them run a hardware & battery diagnostic test. Depending on the results you may or may not need to have the iPhone repaired or replaced. They may also advise additional troubleshooting.

Jan 3, 2020 1:10 AM in response to cemayan

Hello Cemayan,

Below is an article that should hopefully provide some guidance on troubleshooting this issue further. I advise that you make an updated backup of your iOS device before you begin any troubleshooting steps. This ensures you have the latest backup of your device prior to having to update, restore, or even service the device while you still can.

Backup iPhone: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/back-up-iphone-iph3ecf67d29/ios

Troubleshooting Charging: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201569

Jan 3, 2020 1:58 AM in response to cemayan

If you’re having to push on the cord to make it charge, it sounds like you might need to get a new one. It’s not making a connection and if it’s a damaged cord is not safe either. Take a look at the link on some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Also: Using Apple power adapters, cables, and duckheads with Apple products - Apple Support

CHARGİNG PROBLEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.