Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to load app on my Apple watch

Trying to get a app to load on my Apple Watch, it loaded on my iPhone.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 5:06 AM

Not all apps are made for the watch.

If you install an app on your iPhone and it is made also for the watch it will either auto install (if you have activated this) or it will show up as an app to install.

Auto install iPhone>My Watch>App Store>Automatic Downloads>Toggle on for automatic downloads

To see what is installed

iPhone>My Watch>scroll down to near the bottom Installed on Apple Watch, if there are any there that you don't want on your watch tap it and the toggle off the Show App on Apple Watch and it will be removed and moved down to the next section

And just under that you have Available Apps

if there are any there you want on your watch tap install

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 5:06 AM in response to Naldi322

Not all apps are made for the watch.

If you install an app on your iPhone and it is made also for the watch it will either auto install (if you have activated this) or it will show up as an app to install.

Auto install iPhone>My Watch>App Store>Automatic Downloads>Toggle on for automatic downloads

To see what is installed

iPhone>My Watch>scroll down to near the bottom Installed on Apple Watch, if there are any there that you don't want on your watch tap it and the toggle off the Show App on Apple Watch and it will be removed and moved down to the next section

And just under that you have Available Apps

if there are any there you want on your watch tap install

Trying to load app on my Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.