Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten Hotmail password on my iPhone 8

I am unable to log on to my hotmail account on my iPhone 8 , because I have forgot my reset password. I can still receive emails on my iPad. Is there any way I can sync both accounts.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 6:00 AM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2020 2:25 PM in response to John.x.Foster

Hello John.x.Foster and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue with a password for a 3rd-party email account on an iPhone.

If you can still access the account on the iPad, then follow the steps in the article below to see if you have the password saved there:

Create website and app passwords on iPhone - Apple Support

"View your saved passwords

Ask Siri. Say something like: “Show me my passwords.” Learn how to ask Siri.

To view the password for an account, tap it.

You can also view your passwords without asking Siri. Do one of the following, then tap an account to view its password:

• Go to Settings  > Passwords & Accounts > Website & App Passwords.
  • On a sign-in screen, tap , then tap Other Passwords."

If that does not work for you, then you would need to go to the hotmail.com site and use their tools to change your password and then enter it on both devices.

Cheers.

Jan 7, 2020 2:25 AM in response to revbill222

Sorry, I'm unable to try that method. My iPad is quite old, and only has a four digit passcode. I've tried following Hotmails method to gain access, but Unfortunately I have to submit about four emails I have sent from my phone.

The problem is I use my iPad to send most of my emails, I have only sent two emails from my phone.

Thanks for the effort.

Forgotten Hotmail password on my iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.