Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie disk problem

I am not able to add any media in my iMovie, it shows not enough disk space, I have cleared every thing from my iMovie library and everywhere but it is still showing free up disk space

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 8:53 PM

This still did not work for me, it will let me add IMovie titles slides and etc. but when i add things from my library it says there is not enough disk space when there clearly is. I have tried everything

4 replies

Jan 3, 2020 10:02 AM in response to shubham121

You can solve the “not enough space” issue by redownloading iMovie. Drag your iMovie app from the applications folder to the trash, but don’t empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and open your account by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. When your account opens you will see iMovie listed among your purchases. Download it from there. If the download is not available for some reason you can drag your old iMovie app out of the trash and put it back into the applications folder. However, it should download and then the “not enough space” issue will be solved.

— Rich

Jan 12, 2020 9:16 PM in response to shubham121

The cure for the “not enough disk space” issue is to redownload iMovie. To do that drag your iMovie app out of the applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and open your account by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. When your account opens you will see a list of your purchases, including iMovie. Download iMovie from there. If for some reason the download is not available then drag your iMovie app out of the trash and replace it back in the applications folder. However, it should download and after it does the disk space issue will be resolved.

— Rich

Jan 12, 2020 11:15 PM in response to Sarahmg123

How much free disk space do you have on the drive where your iMovie library is located and on the drive where your iMovie app is located?

If you have plenty of free space try again redownloading iMovie.

Try working out of a newly created library and see if that helps.

If still no luck try contacting Apple Support by clicking on the Contact Support item in the upper right of this forum’s screen. Navigate to a phone number where you can call support. The support people are very savvy and can access your computer remotely.

— Rich

Imovie disk problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.