Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 sooo slow with iPadOS 13.3

Hi all,

My iPad Air 2 was doing just fine with iPadOS until I got to version 13.3. Now it’s response time is the pits. I can almost see this thing thinking each time I touch something on the screen. I turned off multitasking and I even wiped out and restored the whole iPad from backup.

Anyone have any suggestions or information about the issue?

Thanks,

• Steve

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 11:53 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve already done a full restore of the iPad and I’m in no hurry to enroll all my credit cards and fingerprints AGAIN.

In the meantime, I tried something which appears to have resolved the issue. I turned off almost all of the widgets. I wasn’t using them anyway. Performance is pretty normal now, or at least what I expect from the older model.

I’m not sure if it was one widget causing the problem, or whether it was the aggregate of having many enabled.

Thanks,

• Steve

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 11:53 AM in response to QuickPost

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve already done a full restore of the iPad and I’m in no hurry to enroll all my credit cards and fingerprints AGAIN.

In the meantime, I tried something which appears to have resolved the issue. I turned off almost all of the widgets. I wasn’t using them anyway. Performance is pretty normal now, or at least what I expect from the older model.

I’m not sure if it was one widget causing the problem, or whether it was the aggregate of having many enabled.

Thanks,

• Steve

iPad Air 2 sooo slow with iPadOS 13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.