Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac mid 2011 and I can’t connect to ICloud. It sends my phone a verification code and asks me to enter it after my password but this doesn’t seem to do anything

I have an iMac mid 2011 and I can’t connect to ICloud. I am asked for my password and then I get sent a verification code. However, I can’t see where to type it in. I know I need to upgrade the software from Lion to High Sierra so I am currently backing everything up with Time Machine. I also think I may have to upgrade to El Capitan first. Will this solve my ICloud problems? Many thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 1:51 PM

I had a similar experience with an TV.

When asked to input the verification code after your password, it literally means put the verification code in the password box right after your password, as this: PasswordVerificationcode (without punctuation or spaces ).

Also good t know is generally there is a time limit on the use of the verification code, so use it a soon as possible after receiving it, or request that another be sent.

I hope this helps.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 1:51 PM in response to Irene223

I had a similar experience with an TV.

When asked to input the verification code after your password, it literally means put the verification code in the password box right after your password, as this: PasswordVerificationcode (without punctuation or spaces ).

Also good t know is generally there is a time limit on the use of the verification code, so use it a soon as possible after receiving it, or request that another be sent.

I hope this helps.

I have an iMac mid 2011 and I can’t connect to ICloud. It sends my phone a verification code and asks me to enter it after my password but this doesn’t seem to do anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.