Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Calling Not Working - IOS 13.3 & ATT

I've got an iPhone XR with iOS 13.3 and ATT service. I work in a dungeon and rely on WiFi calling for my cell phone at work.

WiFi calling worked for a couple months but several upgrades later I've noticed it is no longer connecting and all my calls are dropping. I've tried multiple networks, including my home and 4 different networks in my office, including a couple that are wide open. Occasionally it will connect for a few minutes right after I switch networks, but drops it after a few more.

I've done the reboots, off on, yada yada yada to no avail. And yes I am SOLID into my gigabit network.

Thanks

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 3:06 PM

13 replies

Jan 7, 2020 8:56 AM in response to so189

I’ve got an XR with iOS 13.3 and Wi-Fi calling works perfectly; I use it many times a day. If it was a problem specifically with iOS 13.3 and Wi-Fi calling on XRs there would be thousands of posts about it. You need to troubleshoot the problem on your phone, because that’s where the problem is; not in Apple’s software.

Have you checked for a carrier update for your phone—>Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I have noticed that many cable company provided Wi-Fi networks now block it, and so do some businesses. Do you have a problem on a network you control, like your home network?

Jan 7, 2020 4:08 AM in response to chuck_3rd

I appreciate your effort, but this is not a router problem. As I said, MULTIPLE WiFi networks. 6 different ones that I use routinely. I am well aware of how to connect to WiFi, SSIDs etc. I am connected to WiFi but WiFi calling isn't "engaging". It used to on the same networks. Something is going on with the phone, presumably one of the last couple updates.

Jan 7, 2020 12:55 PM in response to KiltedTim

Multiple issues. FINALLY, ATT re-provisioned it and it appears to be working. BUT, IOS13.3 supposedly dropped the WiFiCalling indicator in the upper left corner. There is no way to know if you are using WiFi calling or not unless you put the phone in airplane mode. Bad move Apple. THEN a reset of network settings to accompany the re-provisions. What a pain. Thanks for the help. With it a pressed ATT harder.

Jan 7, 2020 12:58 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Turns out it was a combination of issues with both Apple and ATT. Apple no longer indicates if you are on WiFi calling. You can only find that out by trial and error. BAD MOVE. Don't be so quick to assume others are just dumb. And yes, posting on a forum is a means of determining if others are having the same issue. It's part of the process.

WiFi Calling Not Working - IOS 13.3 & ATT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.