Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail

When I record my voicemail Custom greeting I cannot “save” it.

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 5:26 PM

Hi Type24.

Go to the section at the end of the article linked previously under the heading "Get help with Visual Voicemail."

Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you try all of those steps, including resetting the network settings and you still do not have a Save option, you may need to restore the device in order to get the ability to set up this feature anew. As the Phone app is not something that can be deleted and reinstalled on its own, setting up as a new device will be the only way to set up that app fresh if resetting the network settings does not resolve the issue.

Please keep in mind that this step will reset anything network related to factory settings including Wi-Fi and VPN/APN settings so make sure you have those noted somewhere other than the iPhone before proceeding. 

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 5:26 PM in response to Type24

Hi Type24.

Go to the section at the end of the article linked previously under the heading "Get help with Visual Voicemail."

If you try all of those steps, including resetting the network settings and you still do not have a Save option, you may need to restore the device in order to get the ability to set up this feature anew. As the Phone app is not something that can be deleted and reinstalled on its own, setting up as a new device will be the only way to set up that app fresh if resetting the network settings does not resolve the issue.

Please keep in mind that this step will reset anything network related to factory settings including Wi-Fi and VPN/APN settings so make sure you have those noted somewhere other than the iPhone before proceeding. 

Cheers.

Jan 9, 2020 8:40 AM in response to Type24

Hello Type24 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a concern about saving a custom voice mail greeting.

It's important to note that only the Visual Voicemail feature is actually native to iOS. This is the voicemail feature that allows you to see a list of contacts who have left voicemail and access those in any order you choose. Everything else about voicemail—including saving and playing the custom greeting—happens via your carrier, not on the iPhone itself. You'll want to reach out to your carrier for additional support on this issue.

Cheers.

Jan 9, 2020 4:54 PM in response to revbill222

Thank you, revbill222. Have gone through the Apple Support and can confirm that my carrier supports Visual Voicemail. Indeed, when I visited them about it, they were able to replay my greeting.

My phone app does not have Set Up Now as it was set up previously by my daughter.

Is there any other way to get around this problem.?

Sorry to bother you when you’ve given so much time already.

If change can’t be made to a custom greeting, is it possible to eliminate it altogether?

Cheers, Type24

Voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.