Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone call

I just received a call stating my i cloud account has been compromised. What should I do and is this normal. what number would I be looking at to confirm this was from apple.

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 10:22 AM

Only if you told them what it was. Otherwise, there's no reason at all to change it.

The crooks who make these calls don't even know if the person they're trying to scam even has an Apple ID. They just start out with the "threat" and hope for the best.

I get at least a dozen calls a year from "Microsoft support" saying my Windows computer is infected.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 10:22 AM in response to ksbeast

Only if you told them what it was. Otherwise, there's no reason at all to change it.

The crooks who make these calls don't even know if the person they're trying to scam even has an Apple ID. They just start out with the "threat" and hope for the best.

I get at least a dozen calls a year from "Microsoft support" saying my Windows computer is infected.

phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.