Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sync stuck?

I recently upgraded my MacBook Pro and everything has been moved over to the new machine...seemingly just fine. I use iCloud Drive and love it. But in the Finder window, next to the "iCloud Drive" text, I see the pie icon with only a small sliver showing as progress. It's been a couple of weeks stuck in this place. When I click it, I get some variation of "Uploading 2 items" and then "17KB of 333.19 GB".

All my files from the old computer are synced into iCloud fine, and many files in iCloud aren't downloaded back down onto my new laptop yet. So in theory there shouldn't be 333GB of data to upload back into iCloud. And even if there was, it's been several weeks of having my computer network accessible... there should have been a lot more upload progress than this.

I've also added a few big (multi-GB) files to my computer that have synced up to iCloud Drive fine and quickly.

It would appear something with iCloud Drive upload status has gotten stuck. Is there a way to reset this process? I fear turning off drive and then turning it back on because I don't want to remove all the iCloud Drive files from my laptop and then have to download them back again and/or lose them from the cloud.

Is there a way to delete some pref files or something to make the queue reset?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 6:56 PM

The easiest way to reset is try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop iCloud Drive syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 6:56 PM in response to sink

The easiest way to reset is try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop iCloud Drive syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

iCloud sync stuck?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.