Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Preferences

When I open system preferences (iMac OSX Catalina 10.15.2) and open Desktop & Screen Savers the items under Desktop briefly open and then the tab becomes blank. I can't choose anything. When I quit System Preferences the and then reopen the same thing happens. Open Desktop & Screen Savers, items under Desktop briefly show up and then disappear. I'm left with a blank tab.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 11:32 AM

Try downloading and installing the MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update. Sometimes this will fix these glitch issues. If it does not help, then you will need to reinstall Catalina.

Reinstall El Capitan or Later Without Erasing Drive

Please be sure you back up, if possible.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  3. Select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid button in Disk Utility's toolbar. Wait until the Done button activates, then click on it.
  5. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  6. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 11:32 AM in response to AppleLadley

Try downloading and installing the MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update. Sometimes this will fix these glitch issues. If it does not help, then you will need to reinstall Catalina.

Reinstall El Capitan or Later Without Erasing Drive

Please be sure you back up, if possible.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  3. Select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid button in Disk Utility's toolbar. Wait until the Done button activates, then click on it.
  5. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  6. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

System Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.