Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do i have to pay to watch movies

I have a paid subscription to apple tv. why do you have to pay to watch a movie?

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 2:31 PM

Disney Plus is another channel and requires a subscription but I believe it might still have a Free 7 day trial. Disney Plus is not included in your subscription.

Are you sure you lost your free year? You can look it up in subscriptions on your Apple TV:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Select Users & Accounts, then select your account.
  3. Select Subscriptions.

To view on another device:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 2:31 PM in response to Docgroove_7

Disney Plus is another channel and requires a subscription but I believe it might still have a Free 7 day trial. Disney Plus is not included in your subscription.

Are you sure you lost your free year? You can look it up in subscriptions on your Apple TV:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Select Users & Accounts, then select your account.
  3. Select Subscriptions.

To view on another device:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Jan 4, 2020 2:14 PM in response to Friskyturtle

Movies that say rent or buy are from the iTunes Store and are not free. 

Your subscription is for Apple TV +

Apple TV + is Apple Original content. It’s a channel found within the Apple TV App. The shows included in your subscription will have the tv+ logo on them - those are free. This is not like Netflix or Prime etc, where all is included in the one App.  

About Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Apple TV+ launches November 1, featuring originals from the world’s greatest storytellers - Apple

why do i have to pay to watch movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.