Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I transferred my settings from my iPhone 6 to my iPhone 7, now when I come to update my apps it defaults to an old Apple ID not the current one.

I transferred the contents of my iPhone 6 to my new iPhone 7 using iCloud. My Apple ID is correct in the settings/Apple ID, however when I try to download app updates it resorts to my partners old Apple ID (for which we no longer have access or the password). How can I make it go to my new Apple ID?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 11:17 AM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 11:17 AM in response to JillC5978

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

I transferred my settings from my iPhone 6 to my iPhone 7, now when I come to update my apps it defaults to an old Apple ID not the current one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.