Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery Key for old iphone

My old iPhone 3 keeps asking for a recovery key. I don't have a recovery key. How do I resolve?

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 12:57 PM

Hello,

To create a recovery key you'll need to go to your Apple ID account page. Once you've signed in, click Edit > Replace Lost Key in the Security section. You'll have to remember this new key.

Type your new recovery key into the iPhone. Let me know if this works!

4 replies

Jan 5, 2020 1:32 PM in response to Seallbay

I am not given that option in "edit" security. I have these options"

Password

Change Password

Trusted Phone Numbers

Add trusted phone number

App-specific passwords

Generate password

Two-Factor Authentication

On

I should have provided more detail in my first post. This is for an iPhone 3s. Running iOS 6.1.6 (The software is as up to date as it can be)

I finally got it out of the "loop" of asking for the recovery key. I just kept hitting cancel, like ten times! I got it to work enough for its purpose. And currently can use it as an old iPod for an old Bose Sound Touch.

I was just having a heck of a tie getting it to get out of the loop of asking for the recovery key.

In a related question, shouldn't I be able to generate a recovery key? Or is that no longer an option for me since I have two-factor authorization? Sorry if this isn't the appropriate response. And please advise if I should post this question separately.

Thank you.

Jan 5, 2020 2:35 PM in response to CAH007

CAH007 wrote:

In a related question, shouldn't I be able to generate a recovery key? Or is that no longer an option for me since I have two-factor authorization? Sorry if this isn't the appropriate response. And please advise if I should post this question separately.

If you're using 2FA, recovery keys are no longer an option. They were used with two-step verification.

Recovery Key for old iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.