Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get into phone

I bought an iPhone X from somebody and it shows the Activation Lock screen and he does not know his apple id or password. How do i get past this screen to use the phone as my own. im phoneless now

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 5:42 PM

You can't. Only he can remove Activation Lock. If he can't get your money back as the phone can't be used.

Here are the options he has to use:

1. He can try to retrieve his Apple ID and Password to remove the device from iCloud using this link --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support
  2. If he is not successful with this, he needs to find the original receipt with the device serial number on it and ask Apple to help. Without the receipt, Apple will not help, nor can we.

Again, this is not something you can do. The person this phone is locked to must remove the lock.

See my user tip about this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 5:42 PM in response to kanye130

You can't. Only he can remove Activation Lock. If he can't get your money back as the phone can't be used.

Here are the options he has to use:

1. He can try to retrieve his Apple ID and Password to remove the device from iCloud using this link --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support
  2. If he is not successful with this, he needs to find the original receipt with the device serial number on it and ask Apple to help. Without the receipt, Apple will not help, nor can we.

Again, this is not something you can do. The person this phone is locked to must remove the lock.

See my user tip about this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Can't get into phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.