Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can use apple music app in my ipad and iphone with individual subscription and same Apple id?

Can use apple music app in my ipad and iphone with one subscription and same Apple id? I have individual plan.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 8:07 PM

You can only listen on one device at a time, but yes, you can be signed in to both devices with the same Apple ID. If you try to listen simultaneously, however, you won't be able to. In other words, if you are trying to use this as a way of allowing multiple people access to your library without paying for a family plan, Apple has made that impossible.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 8:07 PM in response to Prsolimar

You can only listen on one device at a time, but yes, you can be signed in to both devices with the same Apple ID. If you try to listen simultaneously, however, you won't be able to. In other words, if you are trying to use this as a way of allowing multiple people access to your library without paying for a family plan, Apple has made that impossible.

Can use apple music app in my ipad and iphone with individual subscription and same Apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.