Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Updates

I am trying to update my software because certain sites I am trying to use aren't supported by the version of Safari I have on my Mac. I went to Software Updates, looked for any updates available but it is telling me that "there are no updates available." Clearly this notification is incorrect because I am not able to use a pretty common website on my laptop.

How do I resolve this?

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 2:02 AM

If the "Update" tab doesn't show availability of an update, there may be none available.

If you wish, backup your Mac and upgrade macOS.

"Updating Safari

To keep Safari up to date for the version of macOS you're using, install the latest macOS updates.

The most recent version of macOS includes the most recent version of Safari. For some earlier versions of macOS, Safari might also be available separately from the Updates tab of the App Store."

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204416

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2020 2:02 AM in response to cburkich

If the "Update" tab doesn't show availability of an update, there may be none available.

If you wish, backup your Mac and upgrade macOS.

"Updating Safari

To keep Safari up to date for the version of macOS you're using, install the latest macOS updates.

The most recent version of macOS includes the most recent version of Safari. For some earlier versions of macOS, Safari might also be available separately from the Updates tab of the App Store."

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204416

Jan 6, 2020 10:35 AM in response to cburkich

Check the computer requirements shown in each link to see if your computer is capable of running that OS version.

Catalina

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

How to get macOS High Sierra   

Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported after 10.6.       

Application Compatibility

macOS Sierra 10.12: Compatible Apps

Also check to make sure there is a compatible driver for your printer.

Do a backup before installing, preferable 2 backups on 2 different drives.

Software Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.