Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating an automation

has the location service been affected by the new update? I can no longer have location as always in weather app or many apps running in the background, why?

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 10:27 AM

meverick72 wrote: "...the Apple iOS documentation indicates that some can be executed without an interactive query. This does not seem to work in IOS 13.3 as the toggle for “Ask Before Running,” does not exist."

It depends on the automation (from HERE):

The following automations can be run automatically:
Airplane Mode
Alarm
CarPlay
Do Not Disturb
Low Power Mode
NFC
Open App
Watch Workout
Note: You also may need to set individual actions to run automatically.

The following automations cannot be run automatically:
Arrive
Before I Leave
Bluetooth
Leave
Time of Day
Wi-Fi

Here's a screenshot (from iOS 13.3) of an "Open App" automation showing the "Ask Before Running" setting turned off:

õ¿õ¬

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2020 10:27 AM in response to meverick72

meverick72 wrote: "...the Apple iOS documentation indicates that some can be executed without an interactive query. This does not seem to work in IOS 13.3 as the toggle for “Ask Before Running,” does not exist."

It depends on the automation (from HERE):

The following automations can be run automatically:
Airplane Mode
Alarm
CarPlay
Do Not Disturb
Low Power Mode
NFC
Open App
Watch Workout
Note: You also may need to set individual actions to run automatically.

The following automations cannot be run automatically:
Arrive
Before I Leave
Bluetooth
Leave
Time of Day
Wi-Fi

Here's a screenshot (from iOS 13.3) of an "Open App" automation showing the "Ask Before Running" setting turned off:

õ¿õ¬

Jan 6, 2020 5:39 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Yes it’s for the shortcut, but I keep getting an error when the automation is ran and it won’t read off the weather anymore. So I did have “the high is ... and the chance of rain is...” now it skips over weather and all of the location gps toggles are on but for weather it only allows for on while using app, never, allow once options, what happened to the always so that it can run in the background?

Creating an automation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.