You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 11 pro max freezes after using emojis. What do i do to fix this

it freezes exactly when i’ve added emojis and i hit send button or try to get back to typing. It takes like 1-2 minutes to unfreeze.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 6:19 AM

3 replies

Jan 8, 2020 10:39 AM in response to ElMoe123

Hello ElMoe123,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with your iPhone freezing when you attempt to send an emoji. I'd be happy to share information that may help. 

First make sure that your iPhone is fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (Be sure to have a current backup prior to updating.)

Next, remove the emoji keyboard and add it again. 

• To do that, go to Settings > General and tap Keyboard. Tap Keyboards, then tap Edit in the upper right-hand corner. Then, tap the minus sign next to Emoji.
  • To add it back again, go to Settings > General and tap Keyboard. Tap Keyboards. Then tap Add New Keyboard and locate Emoji. Tap on Emoji to add it again. 

You can check out more information about using emoji here: Use emoji on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, please reply with the following information:

-Is this happening in Messages or a different app?

Take care.

My iphone 11 pro max freezes after using emojis. What do i do to fix this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.