Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook Messenger app keep showing "Log in from paired iPhone" on my Apple Watch

Hi everyone,

I'm using iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch series 5.

After installing Facebook Messenger app on both my iPhone and Apple Watch, I got an message "Log in from paired iPhone" when I enter the app on Apple Watch even I logged in on my iPhone.

Moreover, I can get a notification when new messages arriving, but it cannot show the content of message when I enter the app.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app on both iPhone and Apple Watch. I even tried to reset factory them, but it didn't help.

Does anyone meet this issue before? Please give me some advice.

Thank you.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 12:13 AM

Hi i_rina,

Thanks for your suggestions.

"Factory reset" means erasing all contents and settings. But it didn't help.

Finally, I solved this problem by following these steps below:

1. Press and hold Messenger icon on my Apple Watch and uninstall it directly from Apple Watch (not being via Watch app on iPhone)
  2. Uninstall Messenger app on my iPhone
  3. On Apple Watch, go to App Store then install Messenger from here
  4. On iPhone, go to App Store then install Messenger from here.
  5. Log in Messenger on iPhone and check if it can work properly on Apple Watch

Luckily, after trying these steps, the problem had gone, I don't know why but I think uninstall/reinstall may help that kind of problem.

Anyway, thanks for you replying and your advises. It may help me if I have another problem in the future.

Have a nice day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 12:13 AM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

Thanks for your suggestions.

"Factory reset" means erasing all contents and settings. But it didn't help.

Finally, I solved this problem by following these steps below:

1. Press and hold Messenger icon on my Apple Watch and uninstall it directly from Apple Watch (not being via Watch app on iPhone)
  2. Uninstall Messenger app on my iPhone
  3. On Apple Watch, go to App Store then install Messenger from here
  4. On iPhone, go to App Store then install Messenger from here.
  5. Log in Messenger on iPhone and check if it can work properly on Apple Watch

Luckily, after trying these steps, the problem had gone, I don't know why but I think uninstall/reinstall may help that kind of problem.

Anyway, thanks for you replying and your advises. It may help me if I have another problem in the future.

Have a nice day!

Jan 8, 2020 11:03 AM in response to james_lee92

Hey james_lee92,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re having issues using your Facebook Messenger app on your Apple Watch and I’d like to help. 

You did an awesome job going through some troubleshooting steps on your own such as uninstalling and reinstalling the Messenger app. What did you mean by factory reset? Did you factory reset your iPhone, Apple Watch or both?

I suggest that you also try Unpair and erase your Apple Watch and pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again to see if it helps: How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone

Some additional steps that you can try:

1) Make sure that your Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone. Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center  

2) Restart your iPhone and restart your Apple Watch: How to restart your Apple Watch

3) Check to see if ‘Background App Refresh’ for Facebook and Facebook Messenger is enabled by going to Settings > Background App Refresh. 

Looking forward to some positive results. 

Have a great day!

Facebook Messenger app keep showing "Log in from paired iPhone" on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.