Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off camera on lock screen but not all the way.

I want to turn the camera option off on the lock screen so the camera can not be accessed even if the phone is locked.

I have had my students sneaking pictures onto my phone when I am helping other students. I have to have my phone out because it is the main communication through the school. But I still need to have access to my camera.

I tried looking it up and I was shown to go into the "Screen Time", "Content & Privacy Restrictions", "Allowed Apps", "Camera" to turn off the camera from the lock screen but it also turned off the whole phone.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 11:59 AM

I am not positive, but I believe if you apply restrictions to the Camera, it will remove it from the lock screen. However, you can not apply restrictions to the camera only under specific circumstances. It is either all or none. If you restrict it, it cannot be used at all.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 8, 2020 11:24 AM in response to mmarieba

Hi mmarieba, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

I see that you have a question about turning off camera on lock screen. This is currently not an option. This article has more information on how to Access features from the iPhone Lock screen - Apple Support

Also, here’s how you can provided feedback directly to Apple about suggestions for added features: Product Feedback - Apple

Best Regards. 

Turning off camera on lock screen but not all the way.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.