Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Electrical Current 2019 Macbook Pro

Last night, I plugged in my 2019 MacBook Pro to recharge it and noticed a tingling through my fingers as I ran them across the top of the case. A bit disconcerting to say the least. Computer was on granite counter top and I have a ceramic floor. Not sure if I was barefoot at the time. Computer is only a few months old and has had everything replaced it already except the power pack, screen and case.

Do I need to take it in again to be checked? Been using Apple products since the first Apple //e and this is the only one, out of a dozen or so, that I have had any issues with.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 11:24 AM

New macs do not ship with the grounded plug— this is what you need.

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

Easily swaps for the duck head.

Using Apple power adapters, cables, and duckheads with Apple products

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 6, 2020 11:19 AM in response to AZlonewalker

The standard Apple power adapter does not have a ground conductor. Use the optional two-meter extension cord for your power adapter, which carries a ground through to the power adapter. You can see the metal peeking out of the slot on the power adapter end of that cord. It connects to the raised chromed lug on the power adapter body.

Electrical Current 2019 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.