Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook air won’t turn on or charge.

My macbook air won’t turn on and the charger doesn’t light up. I’ve tried a different charger and it still doesn’t charge or turn on.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 9:40 PM

I've personally seen a few lockups on a Mac notebook where it was in a state where it wouldn't respond to any inputs to turn on/off, or otherwise work normally. The cases were a little different each time, with one where I heard a faint electronic buzz while the other time I didn't but it was getting rather hot. The only thing that seems to allow recovery for a lockup is removal of all power, which may not be easy and may require special tools.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2020 9:40 PM in response to FS211

I've personally seen a few lockups on a Mac notebook where it was in a state where it wouldn't respond to any inputs to turn on/off, or otherwise work normally. The cases were a little different each time, with one where I heard a faint electronic buzz while the other time I didn't but it was getting rather hot. The only thing that seems to allow recovery for a lockup is removal of all power, which may not be easy and may require special tools.

My macbook air won’t turn on or charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.