Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i recently sold my old iPhone x and the person who purchased it is saying they need my password and two factor authentication password even though i deleted the device from my apple id and erased the entire phone

i recently sold my old iPhone x and the person who purchased it is saying they need my password and two factor authentication password even though i deleted the device from my apple id and erased the entire phone

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 8:41 PM

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support describes what you should have done before giving the device to the buyer.

Since you no longer have the device, refer to the If you no longer have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch section of that Support Article for assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2020 8:41 PM in response to cloe80

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support describes what you should have done before giving the device to the buyer.

Since you no longer have the device, refer to the If you no longer have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch section of that Support Article for assistance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.