Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I like to find what apps are compatible with the IPad IOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 12:41 PM

At this point probably none honestly. An iPad that cannot update beyond iOS 5 is an original first generation iPad and is at this point 10 years old

But you can look in the App Store directly on the iPad, and look for iOS 5 compatibility. All apps list their iOS version requirements in their details section.

There is no actual list of iOS 5 apps you can access.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 12:41 PM in response to AmeliaD1977

At this point probably none honestly. An iPad that cannot update beyond iOS 5 is an original first generation iPad and is at this point 10 years old

But you can look in the App Store directly on the iPad, and look for iOS 5 compatibility. All apps list their iOS version requirements in their details section.

There is no actual list of iOS 5 apps you can access.

Jan 7, 2020 6:20 PM in response to AmeliaD1977

At this this very late date, more than likely, none.

If this iPad is new to you and has been reset, getting apps for that iPad, now, initially, from the iOS App Store, will, more than likely be a futile effort.

Especially so for ANY popular apps.

The 1st gen, 2010 iPad will be 10-years old in April, 2020.

This iPad was an “early adopter” iPad and Apple ended its support for this iPad after ONLY one year!

Third party app developers, basically, ended support for this iPad back in 2015/2016 with Apple's transition to all 64-bit hardware/software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.