Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out how old my phone is?

How do I find out how old my phone is

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 1:07 PM

There is no way to determine that exactly. You can get a general idea by model. For instance the iPhone 8 is at most a bit over 2 years old at this point.

If you bough it less than a year ago, you can enter your serial number at Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

The website will tell you when your warranty / hardware support expires, which is 1 year after purchase from Apple or an authorized reseller, or 2 years if you purchased Apple Care+ for it. So you can calculate the general age based on that.

Outside of that, there is no way to determine its age, and no real gain from it anyway.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 1:07 PM in response to Bellaforrest49

There is no way to determine that exactly. You can get a general idea by model. For instance the iPhone 8 is at most a bit over 2 years old at this point.

If you bough it less than a year ago, you can enter your serial number at Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

The website will tell you when your warranty / hardware support expires, which is 1 year after purchase from Apple or an authorized reseller, or 2 years if you purchased Apple Care+ for it. So you can calculate the general age based on that.

Outside of that, there is no way to determine its age, and no real gain from it anyway.

How do I find out how old my phone is?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.