You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to authorize a computer to download purchased songs from another device onto my computer. It says to authorize in the account tab and I cannot find in the account tab where to authorize.

I am trying to authorize my computer to download the music purchased on my other devices. It says to go to the account tab to authorize but I cannot find it in the account tab.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 1:59 PM

It is in the Account menu item. See the instructions in Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

including the following:

How to authorize a Mac or PC

Before you authorize a Mac, update it to the latest version of macOS. On a PC, update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows.

1. On a Mac, open the Music app, Apple TV app, or Apple Books app. On a PC, open iTunes for Windows.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. In the menu bar on your Mac or PC, choose Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 7, 2020 1:59 PM in response to MadisonBT

It is in the Account menu item. See the instructions in Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

including the following:

How to authorize a Mac or PC

Before you authorize a Mac, update it to the latest version of macOS. On a PC, update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows.

1. On a Mac, open the Music app, Apple TV app, or Apple Books app. On a PC, open iTunes for Windows.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. In the menu bar on your Mac or PC, choose Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer.

I need to authorize a computer to download purchased songs from another device onto my computer. It says to authorize in the account tab and I cannot find in the account tab where to authorize.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.