Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost my iPhone. Someone stolen my phone. And I activated that phone in lost mode. One day I received many text from Two numbers, they said this information from Apple and ask me log in some website to send to them

Hi ! Someone is stolen my phone. I used my iCloud to set that phone in lost mode, then one day I have received some text from the number from USA, they said : this is from Apple information, ask me to log in some website and provide for them some information ( Apple iCloud name, password ,date of birth, password unclock phone screen., they said this to me :[appfind] your iPhone device has been successfully positioned. Please log in to www.idag-gps.cn to apply for GPS positioning and view the real-time map. I follow that and send all the information above. After that I check my phone lost, it’s already turned off the lost mode. I want to find my phone and wanted to know is this text send to my phone is Apple sent to me or don’t ? How can my phone turn off the find my iPhone automatically? What’s happening ?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 4:30 PM

That message was not from Apple. Sorry, but when you responded, you gave them all of the information that they needed to turn off Activation Lock and to turn off Find My iPhone.

They also now have access to your Apple ID; you should immediately change your password. See: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

and

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 4:30 PM in response to SooHannguyen

That message was not from Apple. Sorry, but when you responded, you gave them all of the information that they needed to turn off Activation Lock and to turn off Find My iPhone.

They also now have access to your Apple ID; you should immediately change your password. See: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

and

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Jan 7, 2020 5:07 PM in response to SooHannguyen

Apple itself never looks for, searches for, monitors or finds lost or stolen devices. They do not even have any means of even knowing your device is missing in the first place.

Unfortunately, you were scammed. By giving them personal login information, you compromised your AppleID, and allowed them to remove your device from activation lock.

Follow FoxFifth’s second link and try to re-secure your AppleID as soon as you can.

I have lost my iPhone. Someone stolen my phone. And I activated that phone in lost mode. One day I received many text from Two numbers, they said this information from Apple and ask me log in some website to send to them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.