Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crash Macbook Air Catalina 10.15.2

2018 MacBook Air running Catalina 10.15.2, over 250GB left of 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM. iTunes crashes within 2 minutes of launch. Whether I am looking at my library of over 12,000 songs or looking to buy some music at the iTunes Store. This has been happening for over a week, or approx. when I got Catalina 10.15.2 update. I let the report generated by the crashes, over 18 times in the past week, be transmitted to Apple and I hear NOTHING from them and am getting ****** off that an app, iTunes, that I have used and purchased hundreds of songs over the past 10 years on MacBooks and iPhones is now unreliable and interferes with one of my favorite aspects of using Apple products. Anyone else experience this? Were you able to do anything to fix the problem? Apple says I have the latest and greatest versions of Catalina and iTunes. Thank you for your time.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 4:55 PM

Do you mean the new "Music" app? The "iTunes" app does not run on Catalina. What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Not trying to nitpick your choice of words but clarification may help someone provide some assistance.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 7, 2020 7:51 PM in response to ArmstrongRobert

The POS Apple Music app crashes when I play music, when I search for music on the local system or in iCloud or Music store site and when I just leave it open and do something else. Less than 2 minutes typically before Music app crashes. The MacOS stays up fine. Almost two dozen crashes now in a week. MacOS Catalina 10.15.2. MacBook Air purchased new less than 1 year ago and is amply resourced. No hardware errors, segment failures reported which is very frustrating since I like to listen to music on my Mac rather than see error reporting. .Apple's own website support pages and software update in General Settings on my system tell me I am up to date with Apple Music app. This is unacceptable and I see nothing reported about the Apple Music app that is relevant. It could be the latest version of Catalina, perhaps causing a problem? But for this to persist for over a week is most unlike Apple in the 11 years I have owned Apple products. Thank you for your time.

iTunes crash Macbook Air Catalina 10.15.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.