Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem ipad mini5 while using air navigation pro software, gps signal is very poor?

How to approve gps signal for ipad mini5 while using air navigation pro software?

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 3:07 AM

If your problem is restricted to a single App, then you might constructively contact the App developer for assistance with the specific software that is causing issues.

If, however, the problem affects all Air Navigation software, when used in the cockpit, two possibilities exist:

1) Physical positioning of the device is blocking GPS signals. Remember, GPS requires a clear “line of sight” view of the sky. You shouldn’t rely upon reflected GPS signals - as these are unreliable and can significantly reduce accuracy of the computed position solution (i.e., Dilution of Precision, DOP, is degraded).

2) Something in the environment is creating an interfering signal. Even if not on the same frequency, interfering signals can swamp the very low-level signals received by your device. The cockpit and immediate environment is filled with avionics and other radio devices.

I hope you find this is helpful is diagnosing potential sources of issues.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 3:07 AM in response to waiphyotint

If your problem is restricted to a single App, then you might constructively contact the App developer for assistance with the specific software that is causing issues.

If, however, the problem affects all Air Navigation software, when used in the cockpit, two possibilities exist:

1) Physical positioning of the device is blocking GPS signals. Remember, GPS requires a clear “line of sight” view of the sky. You shouldn’t rely upon reflected GPS signals - as these are unreliable and can significantly reduce accuracy of the computed position solution (i.e., Dilution of Precision, DOP, is degraded).

2) Something in the environment is creating an interfering signal. Even if not on the same frequency, interfering signals can swamp the very low-level signals received by your device. The cockpit and immediate environment is filled with avionics and other radio devices.

I hope you find this is helpful is diagnosing potential sources of issues.

I have a problem ipad mini5 while using air navigation pro software, gps signal is very poor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.