Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Mojave update problems

Hi,

I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, and trying to update to macOS Mojave, however when I try to open macOS Mojave from the app store, I get a message saying

'This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.'

How can i fix this?

Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 9:38 AM

If the App Store says 'Open' rather than 'Get 'you will see that error message, it means the App Store has detected a copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app on your Mac. Look in your Applications folder.

If you find it move it to the Trash. empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable rather than WiFi. Restart your mac, open the App Store Mojave page, it should now say 'Get' click on that to start the download. Do not use the Mac while it is downloading, and if any other devices share the same internet connection don't use them either.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 9:38 AM in response to Wezoworld

If the App Store says 'Open' rather than 'Get 'you will see that error message, it means the App Store has detected a copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app on your Mac. Look in your Applications folder.

If you find it move it to the Trash. empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable rather than WiFi. Restart your mac, open the App Store Mojave page, it should now say 'Get' click on that to start the download. Do not use the Mac while it is downloading, and if any other devices share the same internet connection don't use them either.

macOS Mojave update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.