Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left AirPod Pro clicking/poppng sounds

Hello. I have had my Airpod Pros since black Friday and they are amazing. Yesterday when I was listening to music I started to hear clicking or popping sounds from my left Airpod Pro. I just thought it was a bad connection to my pc or iPhone XR. I was wrong. I tried connecting it to my iPad mini 5 that I got for Christmas and the clicking noise still continues. I have gone on bike rides with me Airpod Pros but the only one that went out of my ear was the right one and it works fine. What is weird is when both Aipod Pros are connected and in my ear the clicking starts. It happens when they are in transparency or noise cancelling mode. When both modes are off the clicking stops. Even when the left is in my left ear and nothing in my right ear the clicking stops. It only happens when both AirPods Pro are in my ear and are on either nc or trans mode. Could someone please help me figure out what is wrong with them? I have tried resting and reconnecting to my iPhone XR and iPad mini 5 and pc and the clicking continues. Thank you.

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 9:29 AM

Hey Garrett,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’ve been enjoying your new AirPods Pro! I listen to my AirPods loud and uninterrupted at the gym, and I was excited to see the AirPods come out with a noice canceling feature, so I’m happy to help you get back to that with yours.

You mentioned that you have already reset your AirPods and tried reconnecting them to both your iPhone and iPad. This was a great isolation step! It definitely tells you that the issue is with your AirPods and not the device to which you have them paired. 

When you reset them, did you put them both in the case and close the lid for at least 30 seconds as outlined in this article? 

If your left or right AirPod isn't working

I’m asking because it looks like this resolved the exact issue for some of your fellow Apple Support Communities users. Check it out:

AirPod Pro popping sound

I suggest giving that reset one more shot, and if you still hear that clicking sound, contact Apple Support for options.

Contact Apple Support

Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 9:29 AM in response to garrettfromtiffin

Hey Garrett,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’ve been enjoying your new AirPods Pro! I listen to my AirPods loud and uninterrupted at the gym, and I was excited to see the AirPods come out with a noice canceling feature, so I’m happy to help you get back to that with yours.

You mentioned that you have already reset your AirPods and tried reconnecting them to both your iPhone and iPad. This was a great isolation step! It definitely tells you that the issue is with your AirPods and not the device to which you have them paired. 

When you reset them, did you put them both in the case and close the lid for at least 30 seconds as outlined in this article? 

If your left or right AirPod isn't working

I’m asking because it looks like this resolved the exact issue for some of your fellow Apple Support Communities users. Check it out:

AirPod Pro popping sound

I suggest giving that reset one more shot, and if you still hear that clicking sound, contact Apple Support for options.

Contact Apple Support

Good luck!

Left AirPod Pro clicking/poppng sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.