Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues adding music - Error 9,039

I've seen other posts on this topic that either haven't gotten answered, or the solutions don't work. I constantly have issues adding music to my library or playlists in apple music. I attempt to add something and then see "An error occurred", after clicking it the error says "Adding item to ____, Due to error 9,039"

This didn't used to happen to me ever, now I can't get it to stop. This only seems to happen on my MacBook Pro, my phone doesn't seem to have this problem. I've tried most basic troubleshooting including signing completely out, and re-adding my account. I've had that fix the issue temporarily once, but it came right back. I am completely up to date software-wise. Please let me know what I can do to get this to stop, or I will be moving to spotify.

Thanks,

Drew

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 11:33 AM

I figured this out. It turned out to be DNS filtering from my office that was preventing me from adding things from apple music.

2 replies

Issues adding music - Error 9,039

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.