Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch will not connect to my wifi. It says unable to join or incorrect password for network. How can I connect to update my software? Thank you in advance.

My ipod touch will not connect to my wifi. It says unable to join or incorrect password for network. How can I connect to update my software? Thank you in advance.

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 10:19 PM

Success! I contacted my home network and after a series of updating passwords, resetting iPod touch and network I am back. First on the agenda back up my classes.

Thank you again for responding and offering your expertise!

9 replies

Jan 8, 2020 2:05 PM in response to vonniegirlfromantioch

Hello,

Try resetting iPod's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPod prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Jan 8, 2020 2:31 PM in response to QuickPost

Thank you for your speedy response. I have been dealing with this for a a few days, viewing youtube videos and others. In the beginning I changed my wifi password and tried to connect.no joy. I did the reset wifi settings, restarted, and tried entering my password and it still says incorrect network password. It just won't connect so I cannot do a software update without being online. I think I will go to the library and see if I can connect there just to get the update. Now if it does NOT connect there I have a much bigger problem.

Jan 8, 2020 2:34 PM in response to QuickPost

Thank you for your speedy response. I have been dealing with this for a a few days, viewing youtube videos and others. In the beginning I changed my wifi password and tried to connect.no joy. I did the reset wifi settings, restarted, and tried entering my password and it still says incorrect network password. It just won't connect so I cannot do a software update without being online. I think I will go to the library and see if I can connect there just to get the update. Now if it does NOT connect there I have a much bigger problem.

Jan 10, 2020 2:10 PM in response to QuickPost

Received this email on the 1st too...Would this have anything to do with my inability to log on? Deyqfwar ************@yahoo.com,

Үοyqfwυг АyqfwρρyqfwΙе ID ɑϲϲеss hɑs bееn Ιοϲkеd fοг thе fοΙΙοwing геɑsοns:

Wе`νе nοtyqfwiϲеd thyqfwɑt уουг ɑϲϲοyqfwυnt hɑs bееyqfwn υsеd tο sigyqfwn-in tο ɑ iCΙyqfwουd νiɑ ɑ wеb bгοwyqfwsег οn Chгοmе. Tο ρгοtеyqfwϲt уουг ɑϲϲyqfwουnt, wе hɑνе tеyqfwmροгɑгyqfwiΙу disɑbΙеd уουг ɑϲϲουnt.

Date: Monday , January 01, 2019

Platform: Windows 8

IP: 121.213.160.244

Wow....this is not how it looked when I copied it. Bottom line it says my account has been locked because of access from Korea via icloud!

Locyqfwation: Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

If you have not sigyqfwned in to iCyqfwIoud recyqfwently and beyqfwlieve somyqfweone may hyqfwave accessed yyqfwour account, Pleayqfwse take actyqfwion to Veyqfwrify yoyqfwur accoyqfwunt informations by clicking on the link below.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.