You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete reminders

Help! The reminders app has become a nightmare. My iPhone at best syncs one reminder per day! I learned that my reminders have never been deleted. I have over 8600 completed reminders. If I try to show them so I can delete them, I get the spinning ball forever. Please, is there a way to delete them? I can't seem to get control of this.

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 11:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 2:14 PM

So as it progressed, I realized that each time I deleted (using the Delete command in the Edit menu), it only deleted a small number of the 8600 I wanted to delete. I repeated the delete command over and over getting anywhere from a few to a hundred deleted at a time. I got them all deleted. The good news is that I got rid of all the completed items. The bad news is that it didn't fix the iPhone Reminders app. It stubbornly doesn't keep up or catch up. Alas!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2020 2:14 PM in response to Stanley Taylor1

So as it progressed, I realized that each time I deleted (using the Delete command in the Edit menu), it only deleted a small number of the 8600 I wanted to delete. I repeated the delete command over and over getting anywhere from a few to a hundred deleted at a time. I got them all deleted. The good news is that I got rid of all the completed items. The bad news is that it didn't fix the iPhone Reminders app. It stubbornly doesn't keep up or catch up. Alas!

how to delete reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.