Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create lined pages for my book

I’m in the process of creating a journal. How do I create line pages in pages

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 11:34 PM

Hi alecia,

The easiest method is likely to set a right tab stop at the left margin of your page, use the format inspector to attach a solid line leader to that tab.

Then alternately press tab and return to create enough lines to it the whole page.

Then adjust the spacing of the lines by setting a fixed space before (or after) paragraphs.

Detailed version:

• open a new word processing document using the Blank template,
  • In the View menu, choose Show Rulers.
  • Click anywhere in the ruler to insert a tab stop
    • When entered, the stop will be marked by a blue triangle pointing right.

• double click the symbol until it is pointing left, as shown below.

• The downward pointing triangles are the left and right margin stops. If you want the lines to extend further across the page, use the Document Inspector to reduce the left and right margins of the document.
  • Drag the tab stop to the right, and position it with the right side of the tab at the centre of the margin stop.

• To create the line, click on the Format Brush to open the Format Inspector, then choose Layout.
      • In the section indicated by the red arrow, select the solid line in the pop-up menu.

• Now place the lines on your page by alternately pressing tab and return.

• If you need to adjust the space between lines, go back to the Text Inspector, choose Style, and adjust the space before or after a paragraph using one of the steppers.

(The last screen shot was taken before I placed the lines on the page)

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 11:34 PM in response to alecia20

Hi alecia,

The easiest method is likely to set a right tab stop at the left margin of your page, use the format inspector to attach a solid line leader to that tab.

Then alternately press tab and return to create enough lines to it the whole page.

Then adjust the spacing of the lines by setting a fixed space before (or after) paragraphs.

Detailed version:

• open a new word processing document using the Blank template,
  • In the View menu, choose Show Rulers.
  • Click anywhere in the ruler to insert a tab stop
    • When entered, the stop will be marked by a blue triangle pointing right.

• double click the symbol until it is pointing left, as shown below.

• The downward pointing triangles are the left and right margin stops. If you want the lines to extend further across the page, use the Document Inspector to reduce the left and right margins of the document.
  • Drag the tab stop to the right, and position it with the right side of the tab at the centre of the margin stop.

• To create the line, click on the Format Brush to open the Format Inspector, then choose Layout.
      • In the section indicated by the red arrow, select the solid line in the pop-up menu.

• Now place the lines on your page by alternately pressing tab and return.

• If you need to adjust the space between lines, go back to the Text Inspector, choose Style, and adjust the space before or after a paragraph using one of the steppers.

(The last screen shot was taken before I placed the lines on the page)

Regards,

Barry

How do I create lined pages for my book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.