Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My emails go to Junk or come up as Spam when I use my @mac.com account

Why do my emails go to Junk folders or come up as Spam when I use my @Mac.com account. If I can't use that address as my outgoing mail why would I use it at all?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 7:38 PM

lms38a wrote:

Why do my emails go to Junk folders or come up as Spam when I use my @Mac.com account. If I can't use that address as my outgoing mail why would I use it at all?

There is one caveat that comes to mind—

"If you use a non-iCloud SMTP server, don't use your iCloud email address as a "Send From" address. Otherwise, your email might not deliver or it might deliver to the recipient's Junk folder."

Get help using iCloud Mail

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 7:38 PM in response to lms38a

lms38a wrote:

There is one caveat that comes to mind—

"If you use a non-iCloud SMTP server, don't use your iCloud email address as a "Send From" address. Otherwise, your email might not deliver or it might deliver to the recipient's Junk folder."

Get help using iCloud Mail

My emails go to Junk or come up as Spam when I use my @mac.com account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.