Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to Do If Your iOS Device is Asking You to Sign-In To Someone Else’s Apple ID

What to Do If Your iOS Device is Asking You to Sign-In To Someone Else’s Apple ID

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 2:15 PM

ok so I am being told that the message popped up and has asked the person

Apple ID Verification

Enter the password for "someone@gmail.com" in settings.

and I believe in the past I have given this individual bunch of songs from iTunes, while I dont believe she is attached to my Apple ID, at least currently.

4 replies

Jan 9, 2020 7:33 AM in response to Ehsan-Ansari

Where is it asking you to sign in? For an app update? Are you seeing an Activation Lock?

If an app update, one option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

If you are seeing an Activation Lock, you will need to contact the previous owner to have them log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. 

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

Jan 11, 2020 2:50 PM in response to Eric Root

No Activation Lock was required , I was told that the phone worked later on ( a few minutes or a bit after) without any issues, or asking for the password. I am not sure where in the setting..I was not informed of that.. what could be all the cases....possibly...

When I talked to Apple Customer Support, they told me it was either an App that needs to be deleted or Songs from the iTunes or Possibly when the updates came from major upgrade (such as to OS 13) the phone might asks for the original purchaser of the phone or email associated with it...... Also another things is that I am sure the owner of the phone has a different Apple ID since the Activity Sharing at some point was enabled and that cant work if both individuals are signed in to the same Apple ID account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.