Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bad CPU type in executable in Catalina

Hey guys,

I'm getting this when trying to open an App in Catalina, When I use the GUI it just won't open, but when I use Terminal it gives me that.

I already tried switching my shell to zsh, but that did nothing.

I noticed the App has a file called osx-intel in it and that's exactly what I have, so it doesn't make any sense to get that message when everything seems to be fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 8:22 AM

jfha28 wrote:

I'm trying to open an App that I have had on my computer for a long time working perfectly fine, but ever since I upgraded to Catalina, the App won't open, so I tried to open it from the terminal to see if I could get a message of why it doesn't open and that's the message I got.

32 bit will not run on Catalina .

You can see list of 32/64 bit apps from

>(option key)System Information>Software>Applications also look at Legacy Software

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 8:22 AM in response to jfha28

jfha28 wrote:

I'm trying to open an App that I have had on my computer for a long time working perfectly fine, but ever since I upgraded to Catalina, the App won't open, so I tried to open it from the terminal to see if I could get a message of why it doesn't open and that's the message I got.

32 bit will not run on Catalina .

You can see list of 32/64 bit apps from

>(option key)System Information>Software>Applications also look at Legacy Software

Jan 9, 2020 8:09 AM in response to jfha28

jfha28 wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm getting this when trying to open an App in Catalina, When I use the GUI it just won't open, but when I use Terminal it gives me that.

I already tried switching my shell to zsh, but that did nothing.

I noticed the App has a file called osx-intel in it and that's exactly what I have, so it doesn't make any sense to get that message when everything seems to be fine.

<bad CPU type in executable in Catalina>

I don't get it— what are you trying to do and where are you trying to do it?

Are you saying no application opens?

If this is a 32-bit app it is not supported on macOS 10.15.x Update your software is the way forward.

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

bad CPU type in executable in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.