Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes update 12.10.3 would not install. Had to download iTunes from Microsoft Store and now cannot get any sound from my PC.

Update 12.10.3 for iTunes would not install. Had to go to Microsoft Store to download app to PC and now cannot get any sound. Please help.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 11:59 AM

Hello The Great Bear,

Thanks for posting your question. I understand you're not hearing any sound from iTunes on your PC.

To double-check, are you having similar issues with audio from other sources on your PC? This would help to narrow things down.

You might also double-check your volume levels: Adjust the volume in iTunes on PC

Restarting your PC, and disconnecting any headphones or other external audio output devices, might help also.

If none of the above seems to help, removing and then reinstalling iTunes would be your next best step. Check out this link for guidance, and be sure to follow these steps in the exact order from the resource: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 11:59 AM in response to The Great Bear

Hello The Great Bear,

Thanks for posting your question. I understand you're not hearing any sound from iTunes on your PC.

To double-check, are you having similar issues with audio from other sources on your PC? This would help to narrow things down.

You might also double-check your volume levels: Adjust the volume in iTunes on PC

Restarting your PC, and disconnecting any headphones or other external audio output devices, might help also.

If none of the above seems to help, removing and then reinstalling iTunes would be your next best step. Check out this link for guidance, and be sure to follow these steps in the exact order from the resource: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Best wishes.

iTunes update 12.10.3 would not install. Had to download iTunes from Microsoft Store and now cannot get any sound from my PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.