Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max camera malfunction, repair ineffective

Hi all

My phone started taking blurry photos, now when using the 1x camera, the image in the camera app sort of jiggles frantically or shakes continuously, as though the OIS or focus has gone nuts, and you can feel the camera vibrating. The part visible above and below in the camera app, the 'capture beyond the frame' don't line up with the main image or they jiggle and/or continuously try to focus and fail. Photos and video are unusable. The 2x camera just gives up on focussing entirely.

This problem appears to be widespread as I've now seen a number of people with the issue and the phones at the store seem to have the same problem. This is my main camera now and it's utterly unusable.

What makes matters much worse is I took it back to the Vodafone shop where I got it and they sent it off, it came back with the camera module replaced which did NOT fix the issue, so I took it in again and AGAIN they replaced the camera module and AGAIN it's unusable. Three weeks over summer now that I don't have my main camera and I'm pulling my hair out at this point.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? If I somehow get it replaced instead of repaired is the new phone going to sh*t itself as well? Should I ditch it and go Android as a last resort?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:44 PM

Thanks for that. I’ve since convinced them to replace the phone instead of repairing it yet again. I am 99% sure the problem was caused by having it mounted to my motorcycle while has a lot of vibration through the bars

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 13, 2020 1:04 PM in response to cjnielsen

Hi, cjnielsen,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having some trouble getting the camera on your iPhone 11 Pro Max to work, as it seems to physically be shaking and vibrating. I'm happy to help!

From what you've described, taking it in for service does sound like the path to take. If your carrier has been unable to resolve the issue, my best recommendation is for you to get in touch with Apple Support directly. You can do this by setting a reservation to take your iPhone into an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for an in-person inspection: Apple - Find Locations, or by reaching out directly to get more information and go over your options here: Contact Apple Support.

Best.

Feb 12, 2020 11:26 AM in response to murphy4910

It definitely is a motorcycle thing. You might just not have buzzy enough bars to cause the problem. Consider yourself lucky. I have gone through four camera modules so far and each died during a ride. My boss had his camera die on a ride as well. And SP Connect have told me via email that iPhone XR and newer have a camera module that is susceptible to damage from vibrations when mounted on a bike. Just have a look on the various forums if you want to see people with the same issue. With all due respect.. you are wrong on this.

iPhone 11 Pro Max camera malfunction, repair ineffective

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.