Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my child share their location with me but not have access to my location?

I want to be able to locate my daughter but I don’t want her to have access to my location.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 2:52 PM

Location sharing is one way only. Her sharing her own location does not in any way imply she can see yours.

When using Location Sharing through Family Sharing, the Family Organizer's Location is automatically shared the first time its set up, but can be turned off after that as required.

See here under "Choose when to share": Share your location with your family - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2020 2:52 PM in response to Lisaoq

Location sharing is one way only. Her sharing her own location does not in any way imply she can see yours.

When using Location Sharing through Family Sharing, the Family Organizer's Location is automatically shared the first time its set up, but can be turned off after that as required.

See here under "Choose when to share": Share your location with your family - Apple Support

Can my child share their location with me but not have access to my location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.