Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot export Pages doc to pdf

I am so frustrated! I am using Pages 8.0 and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. The Problem: I created a document in Pages and then went to export it to a PDF so it could be loaded onto our website. I keep getting the message that it cannot be autosaved. Anyone know how to fix this? I desperately need to get this into a pdf format for our website. Thanks!

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 6:49 PM

7 replies

Jan 10, 2020 7:09 PM in response to MrHoffman

when I try to save the document, I kept getting the message "The document could not be autosaved" I got around this by renaming the document and saving it to a different folder; but when I tried to export the document to a pdf file, I got the same message "the document could not be autosaved" -- and thus, no pdf was created - or could be created.

Jan 10, 2020 8:00 PM in response to MrHoffman

No, that's not what I am doing. I renamed the document so it would save; then I tried to export the document and received the message - and it would not save it as a pdf. I have done this numerous times over the past year. I create the document; save the document in pages (giving it a name or, if I have taken an older document and made changes, so it is a new document, then I save it with a new name); then I click on File; click on Export; and click on pdf - then I get the message it cannot autosave the document and it is not saved as a pdf. I sill have it as a Pages document, but not as a pdf document.

cannot export Pages doc to pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.