Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased an ipad at a resale shop and restored it. There is no way to contact the previous owner. I have a receipt for the purchase. What caaaan I do to use the ipad?

what do I have to do to reset the ipad?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 6:55 PM

You cannot reset it without the original owner. Return it to the shop for a refund. The former owner failed to prepare it for sale or transfer per these Apple instructions:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The resale store should make themselves aware of Apple's anti-theft protections before selling any Apple device or stop dealing in them.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2020 6:55 PM in response to WannaKnow117

You cannot reset it without the original owner. Return it to the shop for a refund. The former owner failed to prepare it for sale or transfer per these Apple instructions:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The resale store should make themselves aware of Apple's anti-theft protections before selling any Apple device or stop dealing in them.

I purchased an ipad at a resale shop and restored it. There is no way to contact the previous owner. I have a receipt for the purchase. What caaaan I do to use the ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.