Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from iPad mini

is there a way I can import my photos on my iPad to a memory card/stick

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 10:34 AM

No - not possible.

As you have an original (first generation) iPad mini, it cannot be updated beyond iOS 9.3.5; iPadOS 13.x is required to directly transfer files to USB from an iPad (an Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter would also be required).

Assuming you have access to a PC - and you have made your Photo’s available to iCloud - the simplest method to transfer files would be to download and install iCloud for Windows on your PC (this is free). Once logged-in to your iCloud account, you can then simply use Windows Explorer to access iCloud and copy your photos to your PC and/or external storage devices from there.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

Similarly, if you have access to a Mac, you can directly copy to/from your iCloud account - without needing any additional software.

I hope this is helpful in providing a workable solution.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 10:34 AM in response to kimbucks

No - not possible.

As you have an original (first generation) iPad mini, it cannot be updated beyond iOS 9.3.5; iPadOS 13.x is required to directly transfer files to USB from an iPad (an Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter would also be required).

Assuming you have access to a PC - and you have made your Photo’s available to iCloud - the simplest method to transfer files would be to download and install iCloud for Windows on your PC (this is free). Once logged-in to your iCloud account, you can then simply use Windows Explorer to access iCloud and copy your photos to your PC and/or external storage devices from there.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

Similarly, if you have access to a Mac, you can directly copy to/from your iCloud account - without needing any additional software.

I hope this is helpful in providing a workable solution.

Photos from iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.