Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover lost photos after back up

I have iphone 7 plus..My phone was restarted during update and had to connect to itunes and then phone was automatically restored.. now all my photos since 2017 are not available since they are not backed up to the icloud. Is there anyway that I can recover them? It has lot of my important photos like graduation photos that I don't have anywhere.. Please help

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 9:42 PM

iCloud backup doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 9:42 PM in response to isu33

iCloud backup doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

Jan 11, 2020 11:03 PM in response to isu33

isu33 Said:

"None of the data since 2017 are backed up to icloud.. I want to get these data restored back again.. Cannot find a way of restoring without having a back up.. tried contacting apple support but couldn't find an email address.. Could you please help"

-------

Two Thoughts, Based on your Reply:

• Where else to look: External, self-storage devices (i.e. external hard drives or USB Flash Drives) or other computers (Mac or PC).

Or...

• Schedule a Call with Apple: Rather than eMail Apple, just schedule a call with Apple. Have them get back to you.

On Your Device:

1. Go Here: https://support.apple.com/
  2. Scroll Down To: Tell us how we can help
  3. Click: Get Support
  4. Click: Music, Apps & Services
  5. Click: iOS Apps
  6. Click: Schedule a Call
  7. Enter: Your Serial Number
  8. Click: Continue
  9. Proceed from there as Necessary.

Recover lost photos after back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.